It’s my birthday tomorrow! I’ll be 29. I’ve been nominated to complete this “29 Things You Should Know About Me” questionnaire. So here we go:
1. I’m happiest… on a long train journey with a good novel, a notebook and decent cup of coffee.
2. …Especially if… there is some beautiful scenery to look at.
3. I’ve always wanted to… write.
4. My family is… large (as a collective not individually) loud and very loving.
5. I am a terrible… worrier.
6. My first job was… when I was 14 I worked in the local Post Office. I worked from 9-12 on Saturdays and got paid £4 an hour.
7. I could probably eat cheese on toast everyday.
8. I stole… A rolling pin from a local pub.
9. I was born on the same day as… Bridget Jones and Sisqo… Both famous for pants.
10. My all-time favorite film is… I can’t choose between: High Society and Submarine.
11. I do a pretty mean… lasagne.
12. I’m still annoyed that… the Conservatives have a majority.
13. I met my husband… Well, future husband, when he interviewed me for my first teaching job. I didn’t get the job.
14. I always knew I wanted… to be a teacher.
15. I’m not afraid to… go to the cinema on my own. I’ve always been very good with my own company and going to see a film alone became my way of switching off during stressful times at University (probably because I worked at the cinema so I could go for free.)
16. I wish I could… speak another language. I know, I know I have to actually take the time to learn the language for this to happen.
17. I have almost no… sense of direction. It’s a wonder I’ve survived to my 29th birthday as more than once in Venice I nearly ended up in the canal after a wrong turn.
18. I always feel sad when… I see old men eating on their own in cafes.
19. I’m (now) a Londoner but I lived up north for 4 years.
20. I spent 12 years… believing in Father Christmas. Yes really.
21. I wish my parents… lived closer.
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with this beauty:
23. I believe if everyone was kinder the world would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand… George Osborne.
25. Whenever Peep Show is on, I’ll watch it. It’s back on Wednesday!
26. A large Malbec is my drink of choice.
27. If it were up to me everybody would have a home.
28. You should probably read every day. Don’t worry about high brow/low brow read widely and regularly.
29. Lillies, coffee, cheese and my cat are a few of my favourite things.